Monday, April 5, 2010

Fade

Title: Fade (book 2)
Author: Lisa Mcmann
Pages: 248
YA Science Fiction
Book Following: Gone (book 3)

Basic Rating: 3/5 and a half (meaning i really liked it!)

Plot: 3/5!

Setting: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Cover: Cover is so cool!

My Copy: Simon Pulse

My Recommendation: For fans of Lisa McMann and for people looking for a cool new series to get into. I recommend this book to older Teens.

My Thoughts:

This sequel to Wake was really good. I must say that i really liked it. The books plot and story was just great - the story line was addicting. The characters old and new were once again great and i really like Janie and Cabel still. (Love em!) The cover i thought is very cool - i totally get it now. I didn't before, i just thought it was cool and now i am beating myself over it, how could i not understand it! The book was addictive but not exactly as drama pact as the plot description on the back of the book - they never really are. I didn't like some parts in this book as i found somethings unnecessary. Some parts unnecessary. I didn't like all the swearing. It wasn't crazy bad, but it was to much for me. I don't like when there is swearing in books - sort of ruins it a little for me and i know for some other people too. But again i liked how it was written - the style was unique and impressive. I thought the whole realization of our lead character - Janie's - future was dim and Grim. Not exactly happy with it, but i hope it doesn't end bitterly in the 3rd book. During the end of this book it was getting more depressing for her, though it did turn around a little not completely turning happy it did though end on a happier note - i won't say any more about that. I am happy with this book and i am excited for the 3rd book - Gone.

Plot: Some Nightmares Never End.

For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck. Disturbing things are happening at Fieldrige High, yet no body's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open - but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both. Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability - and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd even feared. . . . .

Thanks Bostan~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think??? I want to know