Friday, March 5, 2010

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

Title: I'd tell you i love you, but then I'd have to kill you
Author: Ally Carter
Pages: 284
YA

Basic Rating: 4/5

Plot: 4/5

Setting: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Cover: 3/5

Following book: Cross my heart and hope to spy

My Recommendation: For girls who like girl power and a great friendship/teen crush story with great action and funny moments that only teen girl spy's can give you.

My Thoughts: Wow! I loved it! (well you can sort of tell that i do by my ratings.) I truly loved everything about this book. Let me start on the story and plot, i loved how everything worked and were we got to go in the story. I loved how it was all about girl power in being a spy. It's my first girl spy book! And it is really creative and put together. It wasn't about any world saving mission but more of spy training which i haven't read anying fully on the lines of that. I'm so into how its not only about the boy (i love how it is about he boy, but it does have other matters in it which is cool) and i like how some chapters were just about being a girl. I also am really really happy with the ending! It was great and a brilliant way to open a beginning for a sequel. I really liked how the characters were completely down to earth girls no matter what they can do. They are smart and brilliant, but they are real and not overdone in the way of being too brilliant. I loved Cammie, she is yeah the typical normal girl who is shy and blends in - people don't notice her to much - but she is a super spy and great at what she does. I love the relationship between her and Josh. It didn't happen to fast and it wasn't gooshy (which if it is and it happens to fast it is really not always real) but it was how i think a relationship like theirs would be. I also love how she takes her relationship with her friends. No boy is worth throwing away a great sisterhood over. Josh is a really cool guy, he is actually different from a lot of other YA boys that i have read in some books. He's a nervous guy around Cammie, i think that's cute! And he does talk the typical boy language that even if a girl knows 14 different languages sometimes can't even understand. I mean what do they mean when they say " See ya later." or stuff like that. (I need a translator) But i do think he mastered a great bf. I really loved Cammie's mom, she was great. And i can totally get the whole father thing - it made me teary. Cammie's girl friends were really cool! And the great thing is that they were totally real. I did feel a bit stand-off-ish to the character Macey - i felt what the characters did about her and I'm glad how everything worked out. In the book i was on an emotional ride; happy, excited, worried, sad, and surprised. Things did catch me off guard which was great. Their are other characters (all of them) that were great, but i should hop to another subject. The setting was really good and i won't say to much more about that other than it was just a nice small town, and it was funny in a way that the town thought the Gallagher Academy is just a school for rich heiresses. And my last thing to say is that i can't wait to read the following book! "Cross my heart and hope to spy".

Plot: (Book description that is on the back of the book.) Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girl school - typical, that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses, but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man seven different ways with her bare hands, she has no idea what to do when she meet an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist" - but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

BOstan~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think??? I want to know