Sunday, February 28, 2010

Doctor Who: The Krillitane Storm


Title: Doctor Who: The Krillitane Storm
Author: Christopher Cooper
Pages: 239
Science Fiction
BBC Books

Basic Rating: 3/5
Plot: 3/5
Setting: 4/5
Characters: 3/5 1/2
Cover: 3/5
My Recommendation: This is for people who like to try different outer galactic tales and Earth science fiction fans. And definitely for Doctor who Lovers, that's first of course.

My Thoughts:
I liked this book, it was definitely a really good read. I hadn't read a Doctor who book for a while and i just enjoyed reading this one and it so happens to be on my reading list! I think i was having Doctor who book withdrawals and really wanted to read one soon, glad i did. First of all i loved the characters, I thought they were made very well. The Doctor was brilliant and when he isn't in books that usually is my main and biggest concern. He has to live up to being fantastic! Its just the way it goes. The companion in this book was a girl named Emily. She is a good character, not exactly my favorite creation, but still good. I'm glad she was bright and smart. I won't talk more on this subject for fear of giving some things away. But i must say that i am happy how things paned out with the characters, its part of the charm. (Reading this got me excited for the new season of Doctor who that i will be covering on my blog!) Next i really loved the setting, it was perfect i think. Not exactly historical, but when it was it was right on target. Details containing to location and things were amazing. I loved the mixture of technology and medieval-ness. (Sorry i don't think that's a word.) The descriptions were vivid and their was a lot of action. The mystery was simply brilliant, i was surprised many times. That's what i like, a good surprise now and again. Well that's my review of the book and i hope it helped. To sum it up in a few words, i liked it and enjoyed reading the difference of how it was written and about what it was written about.
BOstan~

Plot: When the TARDIS materialises in medieval Worcester, the Doctor finds the city seemingly deserted. He soon discovers its population are living in a state of terror, afraid to leave their homes after dark, for fear of meeting their doom at the hands of the legendary Devil's Huntsman. For months, people have been disappearing, and the Sheriff has imposed a strict curfew across the city, his militia maintaining control over the superstitious populace with a firm hand, closing the city to outsiders. Is it fear of attack from beyond the city walls that drives him or the threat closer to home? Or does the Sheriff have something to hide? After a terrifying encounter with a deadly Krillitane, the Doctor realises the city has good reason to be scared.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think??? I want to know